In this section
Scheme of Delegated Authority
The Independent Living Fund (2006) Trust Deed contains a specific power of delegation (Clause 9). The document approved by the Trustees for the 93 and Extension Funds in 2006 (“Reservation of Powers and Scheme of Delegated Authority”) needs to be revised to create a formal scheme for the new Fund.
A new layout is provided for the 2006 Fund scheme, which shows the full extent of delegation in a single document. This gives Trustees information on who is actually exercising the delegated authority in the ILF together with an explanation of the support and assurance structure for the proper exercise of the delegated powers.
The Scheme is set out as follows.
· Narrative description of the Scheme and Appendices
· Appendix 1 – table of delegations (showing full extent of delegation)
· Appendix 2 – support and assurance for various delegations to Operations Caseworkers
· Appendix 3 – Payment Security support and assurance structure
· Appendix 4 - administration expenditure delegations to Budget Holders and Finance Team
· Appendix 5 – support and assurances for HR processes and HR Team
· Appendix 6 – general Management and Assurance structure
· Appendix 7 - application management
Trustees have had the opportunity to comment on the initial draft document, and the final document is now presented for approval. The document will be signed by the Chairman on behalf of Trustees and by the Chief Executive, since it contains delegations from both sources.